rasboras het

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
There are some rasboras het at our local fish store, are these the same as harlequen rasboras? Will they school very tightly?

Thanks library girl. I know they are schooling, I want something that forms a very tight school. I have a small school of neons right now.

I have 10 as the only shoaling species in my 30g tank. They do not school tightly! They scatter. However with a peaceful fish in there that is larger than they are, they do school but out of anxiousness! Im not sure if thats healthy for them or not.

librarygirl said:
From what I've read and seen they should form a tight school. I don't have them myself though so can't say for sure.

Yes, I have researched them as well, that's why I ask on the forum, so hopefully I can get some insight besides what the books say.

gabysapha said:
I have 10 as the only shoaling species in my 30g tank. They do not school tightly! They scatter. However with a peaceful fish in there that is larger than they are, they do school but out of anxiousness! Im not sure if thats healthy for them or not.

My neon tetras scatter at times. Does anyone have rasboras with neons? Do they stay as separate shoals or do they mix? I don't want to get them if they will mix in with the neons too much. I like the look of separate schools. I have my ram and 2 small angels so the neons school well.

I find that neons stay more to the bottom while harlies stay more in the middle. I wouldnt expect them to school, but no idea!
I also researched harlies and they said they school tightly but mine are all over the place

I had some rasboras with neon tetras together in one tank at one time, from what I remember they don't school together much! :)

We have 6 neons in a 5.5 gallon and they school tightly.

Back
Top Bottom