RCS and Amano Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua7

Aquarium Advice Activist
How compatible will the Amano shrimp be with the RCS? I already have 2 RCS (male and female) in my 10 gallon. It is well planted with an amazon sword, water wisteria, java moss and java fern.

Also, how long will it be until the new born RCS start to come out of hiding? They're still clear in color.

i dont know anout the amano shrimp and rcs compatablity. but the new borns will start coming out as soon as they are big enough to not be considered food by your fish. (asuming you have other fish in the tank)

Also asuming, you have around 5 new babys... the female shrimp that just gave birth can be beared in i beleive 14 days, and fertilization takes place from there. in 2-3 months asuming you got some females with the new borns, they will be able to breed. and the second batch from female #1 will be popped out. ect. ect..

so you should be good to go if your wanting any size of a colony. as long as your water conditions are good.

hmm thats interesting. ive seen ghosts get extremly aggressive with rcs around feeding time. im guessing all three types get along fine then?

Nope, I have no issues with any of my shrimp going after each other, but I also don't expect any breeding to happen. Besides I expect my betta in the same tank would get any shrimp babies first, but he's chill with the shrimp too.

well, beta are movement feeders. if it moves, and can fit in its mouth, its dinner right? it doesnt mean there aggressive. they are just hungry.

momo said:
well, beta are movement feeders. if it moves, and can fit in its mouth, its dinner right? it doesnt mean there aggressive. they are just hungry.

It really is down to Ur Betta personality. Some Betta will leave them alone some wouldn't!

It really is down to Ur Betta personality. Some Betta will leave them alone some wouldn't!

with this issue i dont think it really is to be honest. with adult shrimp, yes. with babys, no. if you've seen a baby shrimp, its extremly tiny. it screams eat me. eat me.

Thank you all for the info! From the tiny place the baby shrimp and mother are hiding I can see around 5-7 baby shrimp if not more. Hopefully I get to see them soon.

Back
Top Bottom