RCS breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put them in a tank with water. :D

Just kidding, sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, RCS are very, very easy to breed. The important thing is to keep them in a tank by themselves, or with tankmates such as snails that will not eat the shrimplets. All but the very smallest fish will eat the shrimplets, and many fish will even eat the adults. Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions. :)

A well planted 10 gal tank is all you need. Add about a dozen RCS and they will breed. They are kinda like guppies, they'll breed whether you want them too or not lol. You should ask jetajockey he sells RCS and from what I hear his have amazing color. Im sure he could give you some pointers

My experiences as well. At one point I think I bought 3 or 4 and now I have... lots. I supply friends as well when they get new tanks, I just dump the water in my filter through a net and usually catch at least 8 that way :p

I should also add, that's in a fully stocked tank with fish. Can't imagine what it'd be like if there were no predators involved...

Back
Top Bottom