Rcs females

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah there is both but I watch them every day and never see eggs being carried am I just missing it

I've had them for months when I first got them they were prego and they had those babies and they are almost grown and none are saddled

What are you water paramiters? it may be to cold for them, or it could be because the water isnt up to there Par.

What i expirience with my RCS is once they are preggo they are EXTREMLY shy, they dont show themselfs intell they release the young.

Water is
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 40
Temp 80
And I have all live plants to make it cozy

When did you get them? how many do you have? What other fish are in the tank?

++any other helpfull info you got

momo said:
When did you get them? how many do you have? What other fish are in the tank?

++any other helpfull info you got

I got them about 3 or 4 months ago and I have 15 my stock is in my profile its a long list lol

even with enough cover, they may be to stresses to breed. thats my only thought on why they arnt breeding like rabbits. with my rcs, they didnt breed till after about a month. are you wanting more? if you are i suggest setting up a small 5gal or somthing and add all the females to it, and add a couple males and see how it goes from there.

Just a question but if they are to stressed to breed wouldn't they be to stressed to come out because they are out and about a lot even during they day just wondering

Just a question but if they are to stressed to breed wouldn't they be to stressed to come out because they are out and about a lot even during they day just wondering

Not necisarily, due to the fact that its in almost all animals instincts not to bare young where they can easily die. i guess stressed is the wrong term for it. its more, common sense of the shrimp not to produce food for fish. haha.

Back
Top Bottom