RCS Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Riccia, subwassertang, and some other mosses(flame, Taiwan...)

Hello,

I have found that my Red Cherry shrimp and Crystal Red shrimp love their Lace Java fern. I don't usually see them off it too often. Two of my Red Cherries are pregnant and I hope they have the eggs in the Java fern..

GoneFishing said:
Lol for some reason they are Yup in price range.. easy to propagate though

How would I propagate it? I've heard it spreads onto driftwood, but will it also spread to lava rock and other surfaces?

You just cut it and reball it.. it will close and grow in a ball again.. not sure about attaching to stuff, but I was wondering if I cut it and flatten it out, if it would grow like grass. It grows in the shape of whatever you form it as too.

GoneFishing said:
You just cut it and reball it.. it will close and grow in a ball again.. not sure about attaching to stuff, but I was wondering if I cut it and flatten it out, if it would grow like grass. It grows in the shape of whatever you form it as too.

Thanks a lot! If I cut it in half is there any specific way I should do this? People have gotten it to spread on the driftwood by simply placing the moss ball next to the wood.

aqua7 said:
Thanks a lot! If I cut it in half is there any specific way I should do this? People have gotten it to spread on the driftwood by simply placing the moss ball next to the wood.

I see people use scissors then like a needle and thread to shape it. I guess the thread dissolves with no affect on water parameters.

GoneFishing said:
I see people use scissors then like a needle and thread to shape it. I guess the thread dissolves with no affect on water parameters.

I will try that out if I decide to pay up the price for it, which most likely I will lol

Far and above, my RCS love my chain sword. When it's well established and nice and thick, it gives them lots of room to crawl around and still have protection from fish.

Back
Top Bottom