Re-charging Nitra-Zorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettacove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got this Nitra-zorb thing today and its re-chargable. I have never used something like this before. It says that you need to re-charge it with this brand of salt, but I was wondering if i could just use any salt? I have this huge thing of this other kind of salt and I don't really want to go and buy some more salt just for this nitra-zorb thing. Would it be ok to use the other salt or should i buy the salt is says?

thanks!
ashley

what brand of salt does it say you should use?

also, unless you have a hospital tank or a nursery tank where you can't wait for the cycle and need very clean water, I wouldn't use any nitrogen absorbing chemicals in a tank.

it will interfere with the cycle's development, and will lead to non stop problems with toxic water for you and your fish.

It says to use Aquarium Pharmiceuticals (sp?) Aquarium Salt.
I'am useing it in my water storage tank. I'am trying it out cus I breed bettas and pretty much all of them are in seperate jars that need to be cleaned every 2-4 days. So its a real pain to wait for the cycle. Should I use still use it?

ashley

Back
Top Bottom