Re-homing Pleco :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This weekend I am re-homing my too large for my tank pleco. :(:bawl::(

895825_10151577089906136_416019422_o.jpg

I have re-homed an oscar to the guy before, and he knows what he is doing, actually turned out to be a breeding pair with his current Oscar, so I know he will be in a good place. But, with a Green Terror, Jack Dempsey and a Firemouth, is there a bottom feeder that might cause less waste than a pleco? I was thinking a bichir?

If nothing, ill get an albino bristlenose.

You could maybe get some type of shark, not Bala, that is already big enough so he won't be eaten? Like rainbow or red tail. They aren't heavy algae eaters, but you want a bottom feeder right, not necessarily an algae eater??

Yeah I want a bottom feeder that will get the extra food that goes to the bottom or whatever. All of the fish I have listed are younger like 2-2 1/2 inches still so...they aren't huge yet! lol but yeah good idea.

You could get a red tail, or rainbow. Any kind of armored cat would work too. Spotted Raphaels are cool. I think even a school or large cories would work because your fish are small now. Just make sure they are already full grown, about 2 1/2 inches.

Hm. I know they have rainbow sharks and cory cats at my LFS but idk about spotted raphaels. Ill have to check it out, I could always order one.

So a bichir wouldn't work?

Back
Top Bottom