Re stocked my tank from mollies? Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a dwarf gourami and 4 cardinal tetras like someone suggested for my 10G. Things have been going great but my gourami just looks a little outnumbered. Can I buy him(I'm assuming he's male off some research) a playmate? I had in mind maybe a female dwarf gourami as well. View attachment 263073ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422892404.454252.jpg

Pics came thru. He needs plants. They like to have some floating plants and other plants to feel secure.

I use a black background and black sand plus live plants so my shy fish show off and their colors are super bright.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422901723.904108.jpg

You could try floating some Anacharis and planting a some stems as well.

Java Ferns are super easy. You can Tiant to rocks and wood with cotton thread or you can use gel superglue that is aquarium safe and glue it to rocks and wood. There are videos on YouTube of how to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Cardinals may not thrive in a 10g. They normally need groups of six or more, and I usually recommend 20Long to give them swimming space. They also typically like warmer temperatures, so read up on them.

Java ferns? Do you think they'll do good in just the standard hood light I have now or should I buy something special? I have the tetra 10G starter so if you need to research the specific light or something. I'm interested in planting a little in there but kind of lost on how to. Lol forgive me, I'm a beginner for the most part.

Yeah I might upgrade in a month or so and I'm going to get just one more tetra for their school. Just kinda worried about my dwarf gourami, you think I should get a female for him?

I also have some fake plants and going to put in like 1 or 2 more (he likes to hide behind them). That's until I get a little more educated on live plants.

Yeah I might upgrade in a month or so and I'm going to get just one more tetra for their school. Just kinda worried about my dwarf gourami, you think I should get a female for him?

No. The tank is too small, if they fight they can't retreat.

Java Ferns will grow under almost any light. You can add ferts. I use API LeafZone and Flourish Comprehensive 1x weekly after water changes.

If you decide you want more plants, detail what light bulb you have. Incandescent or fluorescent ?

Float something as well. Gouramis like dimmer lighting, and quiet water. I put my filter at one side of my tank so that I have one corner that is quieter for my fish and plants that prefer quieter water.

Float something as well. Gouramis like dimmer lighting, and quiet water. I put my filter at one side of my tank so that I have one corner that is quieter for my fish and plants that prefer quieter water.

Yeah, he's real shy like I read he'll be and he kinda stays behind everybody towards like the back of the tank. Hides most of the time and likes the fake plants lol.

I have an incandescent fixture. I swapped in two mini CFL bulbs ( screw in ). 6,500K full spectrum.

Grows plants well with simple fertilizers.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422910036.225605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom