real quick stocking question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm at my local aquarium club meeting, and they have an auction at the end (auction starts in 1.5 hours). I saw some swordtails, 1 male and 3 females. And I was wondering, could I get them and put 'em in my little sister's 20 gallon high?

It currently has 1 male platy. The tank is lightly planted.Filtration is an aquaclear 50, and a whisper (forgot brand) 20 internal filter. I do a pwc every other week do to the small bioload.
If i need to, I could put some of the swordtails in my 75.

Thanks!
-Fishdude25

I'm at my local aquarium club meeting, and they have an auction at the end (auction starts in 1.5 hours). I saw some swordtails, 1 male and 3 females. And I was wondering, could I get them and put 'em in my little sister's 20 gallon high?

It currently has 1 male platy. The tank is lightly planted.Filtration is an aquaclear 50, and a whisper (forgot brand) 20 internal filter. I do a pwc every other week do to the small bioload.
If i need to, I could put some of the swordtails in my 75.

Thanks!
-Fishdude25
Pretty sure you can do that. Not much of a problem. I would suggest to start doing weekly water changes though.

Hope I helped!

Thanks everyone! My sister and I really love our new fish. I did a pwc for them today. They have settled in to their new home well. One of the female swordtails is really pregnant, I hope we'll have some fry soon!

-Fishdude25

Thanks everyone! My sister and I really love our new fish. I did a pwc for them today. They have settled in to their new home well. One of the female swordtails is really pregnant, I hope we'll have some fry soon!

-Fishdude25
Wonder what the fry will look like. Hope they're pretty!

Keep us updated!

One of the females jumped out of the tank two nights ago, when we found her it was already too late :( But we got another female, an orange twin bar, its really cute :)

Update:
The swordtails are doing really well! They really enjoy their new home. When I fed them today, they ate with enthusiasm.
We really love our new fish, I hope we get some fry!

Back
Top Bottom