REALLY important - please tell me soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ploughking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am thinking about getting a royal whiptail for my community, does anyone have any experience? I know some guys round the corner who have 2 but they dont know much about their fish. The ones I am poondering on are about this long:

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

should I get it? I need to know tonight - I have to slow internet in the week.

Or would I be better off with a green spot puffer/figure 8 puffer?
[-----------------------------]

I don't know about whiptails, but do not get any sort of puffer for a community tank. Especially one of those two. A puffer will torment things in a community tank.

I assume that you mean a Royal Farlowella catfish when you say a Royal Whiptail, right? They are fairly sensitive, but wonderful fish. However, I think you'd need to upgrade the size of the tank eventually. These guys get about 8", but stay skinny.

Neither got picked in the end - my tank seemed to small for the fellas so I went with some more diverse choices - 1 opaline gourami, blue with a slight black line through its middle - a replacement male betta and a female betta. Jealous?

Back
Top Bottom