Really important questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok. So I have some really important questions regarding a product that all, if not, most of you already know about.
Its about Nutrafin Cycle.
Does it really cycle a tank? Does it actually establish a safe biological presence?Is it self sustaining? Does it affect the growth of natural bacteria and the progress of a natural cycle in a tank? Does it speed it up?
I've also read so much about this product but I don't understand how it works. So please, answer this in the simplest way possible.

Hi, I quickly looked this up and saw one support article that said the bacteria are put in hibernation through lack of air (not sure how that works, always assumed it would be ph). My experience and seeing threads is that these products can work but even the products that can work, if they sit outside the shop on a hot day as someone is slow unloading, then good chance of cooking them.

So always worth a try, rarely cause issues but may not work. Once the tank is cycled, are not needed but I have found cleaner canister filters on dosing every 6 months or so (I guess the same idea but we used to dose our septic tank every 12 months with a product that was meant to improve that).

Hope this helps.

Does it really cycle a tank? Does it actually establish a safe biological presence?Is it self sustaining? Does it affect the growth of natural bacteria and the progress of a natural cycle in a tank? Does it speed it up?
I've also read so much about this product but I don't understand how it works. So please, answer this in the simplest way possible.

It is a bacteria in a bottle product. In theory, it contains several types of bacteria in it. Some of these are used to kick-start the growth of your bacteria colony others exist to consume short-term ammonia and nitrites in the aquarium. If it works, it will speed up the cycle significantly.

Back
Top Bottom