Really wondering about my platy.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
My really large platy I suspect to be a wagtail female is hovering near the top, fins close to the body, her belly is as big as a hazelnut, she's showing no signs of suffering, my other female platy who's carrying and my newly acquired guppy female with no name are happier then a pig in poop. My water is pristine and I just did a pwc yesterday. Even my two fry who are aptly named colt and revolver are growing nicely.

This female has been large since I bought her and she hasnt dropped any fry in a month and she was in a mixed tank. She's not showing a gravid spot because of her color. I'll try and attach a photo from my iPod via photobucket. If anyone can shed some light I'd be thankful.

Okay this is her a bit ago but she's larger now much larger I'll try and get a good pic tonight or tomorrow mornin

Where's mumma when you need some clarification lol. She's like the pope, shedding the light on all who fish keep. Just female lol

She doesn't look to be very big to me at all. Is that black part on her belly her fins? Or is that black coloring in her stomach?

If she is indeed pregnant, since it has been a month she will drop any day. But it does not appear she is to me from the picture.

Ya she's been a pain to get a good picture of and I'm on my iPod touch right now. Believe me she's bigger then that and bulgy. I know when somethings prego I have one sleeping next to me snoring lawl

I'm no expert, but with that light of a color, you should see a gravid spot if she's really pregnant wouldn't you?

Maybe she is bloated or constipated?

Idk, that's just my thinking. I could be wrong

Nah she poops normal and regularly. She looks light but she has black coloring around her anal fin region so no spot is visible. I have another red platy in my 30 with males and she shows no signs of insemination.

Chronos313 said:
Okay this is her as of ten minutes ago

Oh my gosh! That girl is ready to pop any day not. Get her in a breeding net or something if thats what you use.

Oh I would love to but I have 2 fry in the breeding net right now as we speak. You should see my twin bar I can see the eyes of the fry

Chronos313 said:
Where's mumma when you need some clarification lol. She's like the pope, shedding the light on all who fish keep. Just female lol

This is awesome... :) Mumma to the rescue as usual :-D

Back
Top Bottom