rearanging tank inhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok 3 tanks in concern

tank 1 10 gallong blue ram couple, drawf puffer, otos, shrimp glass
tank 2 5 gallon blue ram fy acrylic
tank 3 1 gallon beta acrylic

now, I am adding a brustlenose tothe 10 gallon, a planted tank. I want to move the otos, will they mess up an acryilic tank like a pleci does with scratching the glass, I want them in the 5 gallon along with the shrimp

now, do I move the puffer into the 5 gallon with the otos and shrimp, and raise the fry in the 10 gallon with their parents....if the mom GBR is a bad mom, I have a 29 she can go into while they grow up.

or, do I put the beta intothe 5 gallon with the otos and shrimp, leave the puff in the 10, and to parentless ry raising in the 1 gallon until they are large enough for my 5 gallon to grow out more and eventually into my 29 gallon or get sold?

I just finished decorating the 5 gallon for a real inhabitant, would look nice with either puffer or beta, the 1 gallon if used for fry will be a bare bottom, heated/filtered tank

I am ready to rearrange inhabitants....well except the three fry I have atm, may be to small to move, but it is unlikely they will survive anyways, I dont have food small enough for them have been feeding powedered flake for the past week or so though, and about 3 out of 12 are still alive they hatched a week ago

I'm not so sure the otos will mess up the acrilic. Maybe others will chime in, but I think otos should be fine in an acrilic tank without scratching it. Anyone else have otos in an acrilic?

I think the beta would probably have a feast with the shrimp.

if the beta eats the shrimp I have lost a dollar.... not that worried :p these shrimp are left over from the days when I have a bichir...whose had a very unfortunate early demise due to me not quarantining some guppies that where his snack....(bacterial outbreak, lost my bichir and a beautiful angelfish, almost lost one of my african butterflies, but I was actually able to manually perform surgery and remove the bacteria (the meds wherent working) that ABF is now doing great and happy fully healed....but he wont eat live food anymore...poor guy....what to do with these crichets now....)

Jarred Darque said:
if the beta eats the shrimp I have lost a dollar.... not that worried :p these shrimp are left over from the days when I have a bichir...whose had a very unfortunate early demise due to me not quarantining some guppies that where his snack....(bacterial outbreak, lost my bichir and a beautiful angelfish, almost lost one of my african butterflies, but I was actually able to manually perform surgery and remove the bacteria (the meds wherent working) that ABF is now doing great and happy fully healed....but he wont eat live food anymore...poor guy....what to do with these crichets now....)

Whoa, you did surgery on your fish? please describe...

after a week of the bacteria gettign worse and the meds not working, and after lsing two fish. I took out the ABF< scraped off a thin layer of his skin, and trimmed some of his finnage. He healed up, but hates me now and wont eat live food. :/ but he is alive, and that is what matters the most ot me

Back
Top Bottom