Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2004, 12:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Recommendation on water treatment

My water looks green, started doing water changes a week ago slowly it is getting better. At the same time been using ROWA because my phosphates got out of control. Any suggestions on a water clarifer

Old 11-24-2004, 02:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to XxTitleisTxX
Seachem clarity is good.. Or get a purigen sponge or something for your filter.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

If you can borrow a diatom filter (some LFS will rent them to you) that should help with just one use.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is going to sound strange, but I promise you it will definatly work. I used to run into this problem frequently with my clients. Do this exactly and all will be good in a week!:
Turn off the light. Cover the tank with a blanket. Do not feed. Do not expose the tank to any light at all for 3 full days. On day 4 remove blanket, turn on light as normal, and do a 50% water change vacuuming the gravel. Another 50% on day 5.
I guarantee you this works. I have been asked this question 100 times by people who are frustrated with chemicals. Give it a go! Feel free to email me any questions because i know this sound wierd.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know exactly what you are going through. I had the same problem. My 10 gal just cleared up from the green water. I tried daily water changes and they didn't help one bit. I used Algae Fix, then changed the filtration unit (I had a 10 gal filter but changed to a 35 gal, this probably isn't necessary but mine was getting old), did a partial water change, then added Clarity. Turn the lights off and let it go for about a day. It literally cleared up overnight. I haven't had the sligtest indication of the green cloudy water coming back.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hmmm interesting thoery MarkLehr I will have to try that if any tanks that i buy have probelms.
Dan

Tags
eat, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com