Recommendations for Paradise fish tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefferzbooboo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29g with a Paradise fish pair, albino bristlenose pleco, rubber lipped pleco, whiptail catfish, and an Endler pair.
For filtration I have an Odyssea CFS500 canister with a Hydro 5 sponge filter on the intake and I also have a Penguin 350 HOB. Temperature is kept at 77 degrees. It has a very thin sandbed. The tank has been set up for about 4 years, was an Endler breeding tank until recently.
Can anyone recommend any tank mates? I tried some Celestial Pearl Danio's, but they chased them constantly. They don't touch the Endler pair, but love the babies, and don't chase the catfish. They killed a Marmokreb crayfish, but leave Amano shrimp alone.

I would suggest anything that is too small, like cpds, anything that has long flowing fins, and anything that is too slow. You need a fish that can hold its own. So i would suggest some type of barb most likely

Would a Firemouth Cichlid hold it's own against them? Thanks for the response!

jefferzbooboo said:
Would a Firemouth Cichlid hold it's own against them? Thanks for the response!

Yah i think it would. I would say your tank is the minimum size for a pair of them

I ended up taking them back to the store, they were to aggressive for me. I ended up with a pair of Pearl Gouramis. Eventually I'll be transfering over some CPD's

Tcal01 said:
I would suggest anything that is too small, like cpds, anything that has long flowing fins, and anything that is too slow. You need a fish that can hold its own. So i would suggest some type of barb most likely

*wouldn't. The cpds should be fine with the Pearl gouramis though. Make sure to post some pics :)

I picked up 3 long fin Rosy Tetras and a regular bristle nose pleco. Here's the tank they're in, sorry my FW camera skills suck

Attachments

• 29g.jpg
    29g.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 172
jefferzbooboo said:
I picked up 3 long fin Rosy Tetras and a regular bristle nose pleco. Here's the tank they're in, sorry my FW camera skills suck

I really like the look of your tank. Looks like the bottom of a lake/river.

Back
Top Bottom