Recommendations for reliable PH, KH and GH test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really do need a good reliable test kit for my PH, KH and GH now that I'm going to be getting a good CO2 system and dosing ferts. Please let me know what you use and how reliable it's been for you? The test kits that I currently have are, for PH: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, I also have a AP Nitrate test kit. For KH and GH: Jungle Labs and I also have Mardel 5 in 1 test strips. I believe that the PH test kit is pretty reliable but I'm not sure about the rest, so please, I welcome all suggestions!

Thank you!
Linda

For pH I finally went to a monitor and for everything else I use the Salifert kits. There is a marked change in color for Ca, dKH, Mg, etc. which makes it easy to tell what the reading is. I have a hard time with subtle shade differences found on most test kits color reference strips. Then again I am somewhat color blind so those subtle shadings are very hard for me to discern.

For the gh and kh, I use the Hagen kit myself, as well as the phosphate. And for Nitrate, the color on the Hagen kit is easier to read, IMO.

:lol: I should have known that there wouldn't be just one reliable test kit out there that everybody uses, thank you, this has been very helpful.

Really the main thing is to get test kits that use liquid reagents. Beyond that, it's mostly personal preference until you get into the really expensive kits like LaMotte.

Back
Top Bottom