Recommended stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
55 gallon
2 angels
2 bolivian rams
And some ghost shrimp ( they are fine )

What would u guys recommend adding in with angels and rams?

Flossie said:
55 gallon
2 angels
2 bolivian rams
And some ghost shrimp ( they are fine )

What would u guys recommend adding in with angels and rams?

Well are these going to be pairs, or just same sex?

Gboy66 said:
Well are these going to be pairs, or just same sex?

I already have them I don't know what they are lol. The angels paired but the rams are mean to each other.

siva said:
6 Boesemani rainbows would be nice :)

Those are pretty! I had to look them up lol thanks for the idea ;)

Those are pretty! I had to look them up lol thanks for the idea ;)
Yeah they are one of my favs. I also love my purple passion danios, Cochu's blue tetras, kerri tetras, and glass cats. Any of those would be good too. :fish1:

Pecock eels will eat your ghost shrimp ifnwe are talking about the same type of pecock eel. They also get pretty large and limit the other fish you can put in your tank

Glass cats would be awesome!
Also, I would suggest emperor tetras. Very pretty and not super common. I keep rummies with my angels and rams and I love the combo. :)
Silver-tip tetras are awesome too, but some people say they do not have luck with them and angels. Mine are fine, but who knows.

absolutangel04 said:
Glass cats would be awesome!
Also, I would suggest emperor tetras. Very pretty and not super common. I keep rummies with my angels and rams and I love the combo. :)
Silver-tip tetras are awesome too, but some people say they do not have luck with them and angels. Mine are fine, but who knows.

I have some rummies in a 10g I was planning on moving but I'm scared bc they are so scared of EVERYTHING and my rams seem pretty aggressive. I know 55g would be better but I would hate to move them and get them sick or well... Dead! Haha

I have some rummies in a 10g I was planning on moving but I'm scared bc they are so scared of EVERYTHING and my rams seem pretty aggressive. I know 55g would be better but I would hate to move them and get them sick or well... Dead! Haha
Oh yeah, I remember the rummies in the 10 now! Well, its of course up to you, but I am guessing that the rummies would chill out in a bigger tank. I have 6 in my 40 tall. They were all stressed and hyper and pale in the 10g at the lfs, even though the I know they keep their water quality really high. But, as soon as they got into my 40, they chilled and colored up great. They swim low, but far enough above my rams that they never even interact at all.
Of course, there is never a guarantee that any fish combo will work, just sharing my experience.

absolutangel04 said:
Oh yeah, I remember the rummies in the 10 now! Well, its of course up to you, but I am guessing that the rummies would chill out in a bigger tank. I have 6 in my 40 tall. They were all stressed and hyper and pale in the 10g at the lfs, even though the I know they keep their water quality really high. But, as soon as they got into my 40, they chilled and colored up great. They swim low, but far enough above my rams that they never even interact at all.
Of course, there is never a guarantee that any fish combo will work, just sharing my experience.

Thanks :) I did really want to move them and up my Cory number as well but I've had a minor set back. I've had some sort of illness I'm trying to figure out in the meantime. So maybe once I get it settled down I MIGHT move the rummies still. Idk... My rams aren't so nice

Thanks :) I did really want to move them and up my Cory number as well but I've had a minor set back. I've had some sort of illness I'm trying to figure out in the meantime. So maybe once I get it settled down I MIGHT move the rummies still. Idk... My rams aren't so nice
Yeah, thats up to you. My rams and rummies do not interact, but I also know I have pretty easy-going rams. I hope the disease thing gets figured out though. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, thats up to you. My rams and rummies do not interact, but I also know I have pretty easy-going rams. I hope the disease thing gets figured out though. :)

I would love to see the rummies in the 55g but they still freak me out a little lol. Remember my threads from when I first got them? Hahaa
I'm thinking maybe internal parasites...GRRR

Lol, I do remember the threads about the rummies. It sounded pretty stressful. After reading those, I was really surprised when my rummies were so easy!
Bummer about the parasites!

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, I do remember the threads about the rummies. It sounded pretty stressful. After reading those, I was really surprised when my rummies were so easy!
Bummer about the parasites!

My rummies are still hiding. They're stupid! Haha I think the light is to bright maybe idk....

Back
Top Bottom