Recommended tank size...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am planning to get a Black Ghost fish. I am reading about his care and I'm a bit confused about the right tank size. Some websites that sell it say 55+, others say 75+ but then I heard here 75 Gal won't be enough :-(
Would you please help clarify?

Black ghost knives need a lot of room and they grow to about 2 ft. If you don't want that big of a tank get a brown ghost knife. They only grow to about a foot and can be in a much smaller tank.

75 gallons would be minimum. Also, it'll eat any fish that will fit into its mouth. Plan accordingly.

Get a 75gallon and get a Larger Pleco (Golden Nugget), Tiger Oscar, and a Ghost Knife, IMO that would be a very cool tank and would allow you to have a few large cool fish.

LyndaB said:
75 gallons would be minimum. Also, it'll eat any fish that will fit into its mouth. Plan accordingly.

I just realized who is in your AVATAR/MEMEBER ID picture ... Nice :) ... that movie is very inspirational ...

CleverBs said:
Get a 75gallon and get a Larger Pleco (Golden Nugget), Tiger Oscar, and a Ghost Knife, IMO that would be a very cool tank and would allow you to have a few large cool fish.

You mean just those 3 large fish in the 75 gal ? or I could have some other fish too (not too small so they don't get eaten)

You mean just those 3 large fish in the 75 gal ? or I could have some other fish too (not too small so they don't get eaten)

Just those 3 would fill the tank. It's what I was going to do but decided to do a planted tank with my 75 and quite honestly Oscar are great fun and those 3 would get large together and look really cool.

Back
Top Bottom