Red Badis anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a red Badis the other day and he died pretty quickly, water parameters are good. Anyone ever kept them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hm, did he look okay when you bought him? Also, how did you acclimate this fish? exactly how quickly did he die?

Hm, did he look okay when you bought him? Also, how did you acclimate this fish? exactly how quickly did he die?

I bought them from a LFS with a pretty good reputation. They were in the same tank as galaxy rasboras, which I also bought. All but one is ok. I fed them flakes and frozen baby brine shrimp and frozen daphnia. The Badis just hid in my plants the three days he was alive

Was it an actual badis like, ruber, buxar or burmanicus? Or was it one of the dario species, scarlet, hysginon, or sp jaintia hills?
The larger badis can be trained to take quality prepared foods if time and care is taken, but the dario species need very small live or frozen foods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was it an actual badis like, ruber, buxar or burmanicus? Or was it one of the dario species, scarlet, hysginon, or sp jaintia hills?
The larger badis can be trained to take quality prepared foods if time and care is taken, but the dario species need very small live or frozen foods.

It was the very small Dario species, scarlet

What did you feed the fish?

Frozen Baby brine shrimp, frozen daphnia, crushed flakes

Definitely sounds like a problem with the fish itself or it wasn't acclimated properly ( not saying it's your fault) conditions at the store may differ from yours. I try to keep up on the current parameters of the stores that I buy from.

Back
Top Bottom