red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strokinbyeu

Aquarium Advice Freak
iv been kickin around the idea of getting a few rcs but was wondering how big they get? i was wanting put them in my 75gal but i have a few catfish in it and didnt know if they would be easy lunch or not? if so i have a 10gal with 6 glow fish and a black lite could i put a few in that tank insted if so how many would make a good group.

They get to 1" - 1 1/2" and would end up eaten with the fish listed in your sig. The 10G looks like an option. I'd start with 10 or so (they breed quickly).

so u think 10 plus the 6 glowfish would be ok for a 10gal tank? yea the 75gal is out of the ? the more i think about it

ok thanks ill have to track a few down and start up a colony. i was thinking if they start to multiply i can always move a few to my 75 for some exotic feeding

I agree. Sell any extras and buy ghost shrimp for feeding. ;) Cherries are expensive even at wholesale... I don't understand why.

so do u think they will do fine in a tank with lil natural lite and only a black lite? the tank has black back ground black sand, and 4 glow in the dark/ floresnt plants that look neat under a black lite. also have 2 statues and a small ancent ruen peice. thinking about getting 2 or 3 black bio balls and other smaller plants for hiding places if i get the shrimp think that would be enuff hiding places?

here is a pic of what the 10gal looks like with blacklite on plus lite from room

Attachments

• 10gal tank.jpg
    10gal tank.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom