Red Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could also check some other forums. They always have tons usually for a $1/shrimp.

I believe there are a couple people selling them here in the classifieds. You can always make a wanted ad. HN1/severum mama I believe have some as well.

How well do these do when shipped? I've never bought any live aquarium animals via the mail before and have always been a little leery of it. I don't want the animal to get injured during shipping, I'd feel terrible.

How well do these do when shipped? I've never bought any live aquarium animals via the mail before and have always been a little leery of it. I don't want the animal to get injured during shipping, I'd feel terrible.
They come to you the same way they come to the LFS, only not nearly as many at a time ;)

RCS ship exceptionally well IMO. I got some from a member recently and it was pretty cold outside (unexpected temp drop). The water was chilly when they came, but after a nice long acclimation, all but one or two of the 30 or so made it. They're happily breeding in my tank as I type.

I haven't seen any RCS locally, so that's good to know. Now I might be able to get some.

I worked for several years in the main distribution hub in Dayton for Emery Worldwide a while back. I know what can happen with items being shipped. Hence my concern. Temperature was one of them, but you answered that. Thanks!

I've glanced at aquabid once or twice, but I'm always put off by the thought of $45 for shipping a $5 purchase.

Yes, I realize that these are living things, but that 9:1 cost ratio still doesn't sit right with me.

I'm looking for 5-10 RCS, but I'm not ready for them yet.

I'm still in the process of switching around my tanks, and trying to convince my wife to let me keep the 5-gallon up and running (where the RCS would live).

Back
Top Bottom