red cherry shrimp question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnova

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a planted tank, with driftwood. I have lots of plants. I have a lot of java moss, too! I have ten red cherry shrimp. I was wondering what red cherry shrimp eat? I hear decaying plant matter?

I feed mine the occasional slice of cucumber. I don't like algae wafers, they are ssssuper messy! Anyways, is this enough?

I feed mine small pieces of zucchini, cucumber, bottom feeder tablets and shrimp pellets. I also got some cuttle bone and powder up a very small amount to add to the water. Cuttle bone is good for snails and shrimp, helps keep the shells/exo- skeleton hard.

I just found out about the cuttle bone and have one on order. cant wait to try it, as I've been having a problem with "shells". Shrimp are scavengers. mine love when a leaf dies they gang pile it with the snails and finish off a decent 3,4' leaf in a couple days.

I just found out about the cuttle bone and have one on order. cant wait to try it, as I've been having a problem with "shells". Shrimp are scavengers. mine love when a leaf dies they gang pile it with the snails and finish off a decent 3,4' leaf in a couple days.

You can get cuttle bone at any pet store, even Walmart carries them. It's for birds.

Back
Top Bottom