red crystal shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeeeeeey finally I can grow plants. So is this a med to high, or a low med lighting (just wana get this all right this time) and dubstep show is a show (concert) but its the electronic genera called dubstep. I know a few of the dj.s up there, and were guna have a late bday party haha. Youtube "panic attack dubstep" for a taste of what this is. (Note I am NOT a huge dubstep fan, I typically listen to stricly jazz and blues, like fathers and sons, muddy waters, that good stuff..but I can't pass on a free show)

I would call it medium high to high, assuming you have the proper spectrum bulbs. You are going to be on the verge of needing co2.

Man really, I just want a killer moss carpet, some shorter blixya (spelling) japonica, and more java fern type plants (and babys tears!) Ill make a thread in planted as to stay on topic, did my cherry shrimp all look ok. Is the one with pattern on his back a cherry, or a runaway crystal, he's the only non all red shrimp?

Thanks fort, ill staet checkn diy co2 some more, I'm very excited, as I don't understand lighting haha, and I had bought another light last moth that will do zero good :( ill prolly still stick to easyer plants till I get the hang of this. Its literally attemp # 3 this time but my java fern (window lighting) looks pretty solid, and more green.

Man really, I just want a killer moss carpet, some shorter blixya (spelling) japonica, and more java fern type plants (and babys tears!) Ill make a thread in planted as to stay on topic, did my cherry shrimp all look ok. Is the one with pattern on his back a cherry, or a runaway crystal, he's the only non all red shrimp?
Yeah it is an RCS. CRS are white and red banded..like a candy cane. For the most part anyway, the really low grades are more clear than white and the really high grades are almost completely white with very little red.

hippy guy- sorry if I missed something while skimming through, but just wanted to mention that you will need to swap out your blue (actinic) bulb if you want to take full advantage of your new light fixture for plants. Plants cannot utilize the spectrum from an actinic bulb.

Honestly though, if you only run one of the bulbs as a 5000-10000K, you should have enough light to grow what you want other than the baby tears.

What light will I need, they carry them all and I got a giftcard for 60 for my bday so I can snag it tomorow, ni wana do this right.. and I got the cash atm. What light would be best, and what plants are the best in yalls opinions

Your white bulb is most likely fine for everything you want except for the baby tears. To increase your lighting, all you need to do is swap the blue bulb for a T5 HO that fits your fixture, look for 5000K-10000K for plants.

Right on! Ho stands for high output I guess? And at that point id basically need the co2 setup..ill do some reading up haha

Right on! Ho stands for high output I guess? And at that point id basically need the co2 setup..ill do some reading up haha

You've pretty much got it... at least, that's my opinion on the situation. LOL. Definitely do some reading up. There are a lot of build threads in the planted tank section that might help.

So I'm snagging a timer today for my light, I was either going to get a coralife digital one, or a marineland one, but it doesn't have a digital screen..

Just buy a timer from lowes or Home Depot. They cost ½ as much or even less when they don't say aquarium on them...

Really? Ok, I may check that out, I don't reealy need a digi. Screen anyways. I bet walmart would have some pretty cheap ones

I've never done the pea thing, is this worth checking out? Would it hurt my neons, or my kuhlies?

My roommate used to give her goldfish frozen peas when they had gas, I think it was supposed to sort of settle their stomachs.. Although I don't know how reliable her information was.

Back
Top Bottom