Red fire gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shane l said:
hey. so i bought a red fire gourami yesturday (mango) and he is beutifull yesturday he was very shy and swam away when i got close. he didnt do this today but he is not eating he see's the food and swims to it fast but eats it and spits it out with both his granular and flake foods. is he still stressed or is he just fussy what can i do ?:fish2:

I got 5 HY511 rosy tetras (aka candy cane tetra or ornate tetra) and for first 2-3 weeks they were just hiding in bushes and never came out to eat. After awhile they would come out from hiding to eat but they spit it right out. I tried all kinds of food, small pellets, flakes, miximg it with garlic, etc. Nothing worked! After a while they wormed up and started eating. It have them around 3 months now and they almost eat from my hand.
Well.... I lost two of them, but I think it was my fault. I was messing with ph too much.
Good luck.

Shane l said:
Thank you all I will try to get a photo of mango but he is really fast and shy of the camera but not shy of me ????

Any way he did come with a full belly

Hey Shane, that's a beautiful fish you have there!

And Spot was the same, came to the glass to see me but anytime my phone was out she fled in terror lol.

Now she has settled and lets me take pics of her, but she gets bored and just swims out of sight :)

Ya I'm putting up heat and airation as soon as the ich is off can I take him out into my new tank with the others so that the Ich spawn dies or will I be transporting it to my other fishes

dwarf gouramis tend to be shy... And most gouramis (or bettas) eat food and spit it back out... Sounds normal to me...

Back
Top Bottom