red fish breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do NOT put oscars with angelfish. Aside from a short list of very specific tankmates anything under 6 inches or so will probably not make it living with a full grown oscar.

As long as it's big enough the angel should be fine.

As long as it's big enough the angel should be fine.

I would not advise this to a new hobbyist or as general advice. Oscars grow very quickly and at a full grown size they will commonly try to eat most fish smaller than 5-6 inches or so. There are tons of better options out there rather than risking the lives of your fish.

I would not advise this to a new hobbyist or as general advice. Oscars grow very quickly and at a full grown size they will commonly try to eat most fish smaller than 5-6 inches or so. There are tons of better options out there rather than risking the lives of your fish.

+1 they never quite eating

I agree it's not for the beginner aquarists, and I don't want to argue with anyone, I guess I just don't see a problem with Oscars and Angels. Silver dollars/hatchetfish work for them. I am a pretty novice fish keeper however, only knowing from friends/trusted pet stores/this website. My bet would be you know more than me, so I will go with what you're saying. :)

Back
Top Bottom