Red hook Silver Dollars color change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wardcarrie5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have two red hooks. I noticed today that the smaller of the two has some face color change. Under his chin it is turning orange. Anyone know anything about this? I can't find anything on this, the fish is fine otherwise

I'm thinking he could be coloring up a little bit OR he's bashed himslef into the tank glass and he has what amounts to a bruise. What size tank do you have and how big are your red hooks? The silver dollar group also likes to school and they get pretty big, so you need a pretty big tannk to keep them happy. Regardless, they are prone to running into the sides of the tank when startled. Be sure to keep your eye on him and keep the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate down.

I have 75g and he is about 3 in from top to bottom (body). All my levels are good and he doesn't seem to be stressed, eating normal etc. will keep an eye on him.

image-110876087.jpg

Here is some pics

Attachments

• image-2393659275.jpg
    image-2393659275.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-64663702.jpg
    image-64663702.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
Hi there,

First, this is the wrong forum to post in.

But, to your question! :)

You said your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are all good. Can you post the levels of the exact numbers please? Also, are you using test strips or a liquid kit to check you water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom