Red or Orange fish don't survive in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OriginalTonyF

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stock:
1 Medium Angel (new)
1 4" Rainbow Shark
1 Dwarf Blue Gourami
1 male Dalmatian Molly
2 female Dalmatian Mollies
3 Black Neons
4 Bloodfin Tetras
4 Cories
6 Neons
1 female Micky Mouse Platy

Anytime I add an Orange or Red fish I found them floating or they have simply disappeared.
Any thoughts, theories or personal experiences?

How big is your tank and what are your water parameters? I doubt that the color of the fish has anything to do with their health.

How big is your tank and what are your water parameters? I doubt that the color of the fish has anything to do with their health.
Health is not the issue. They died from physical trauma. I think I know which tank material is responsible and I am hoping someone has had the same problem.

Tank size? Age? Wc routine? Parameters?? It may be a ghost but its probably a drafty window....

I didnt catch what variety of red and orange fish that were murdered in your tank. Im just guessing they weren't Midas / Red Devils, or a Red Terror. I apologize in advance, just kidding.

My money say it is one of the first 3 fish on the list...I know most say rainbow sharks are decent ,but who watches their tank in the dark..As for color having to due with fish deaths ,highly unlikely IMO..

I didnt catch what variety of red and orange fish that were murdered in your tank. Im just guessing they weren't Midas / Red Devils, or a Red Terror. I apologize in advance, just kidding.
Too funny

Questions are meant to be answered,.especially when pertaining to color.sensitive subjects..

You didn't even mentioned which fish died. Orange or red there are hundred of species of orange and red fish. We even don't know the size of your fish and what tank mates they have. You honestly think that color of a fish can cause death? I don't know if your question is legit or you just having some fun here.

You didn't even mentioned which fish died. Orange or red there are hundred of species of orange and red fish. We even don't know the size of your fish and what tank mates they have. You honestly think that color of a fish can cause death? I don't know if your question is legit or you just having some fun here.
Talked to my LFS guy. As soon as I mentioned my Rainbow Shark he told me the aggressive behavior towards fish of warm colors (i.e. reds and oranges) is common for the Rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom