Red parrot cichlid tank mates????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is a huge tank! awesome
This is a blood parrot, right?
you probably want 4 or more themselves
you can have other smaller cichlids if you want or other large fish like barbs
as long as they dont fit inside its mouth and you can feed them sepeartely you are good
I think I saw them with an arawana once but I do not recommend that at all
here is some more info blood parrots

I have one in my 55 gallon along with the tank mates noted in my signature. I've had her since she was a baby and she's a total ham, never really bothers the other fish. The first two years I had her she went through this weird spawning stage and was laying eggs on one of the lace rocks and wouldn't let anything near them. She was however more agressive towards me than the other fish. I would stick my arm in the tank for cleaning or egg removal and she would litterally attack me. My husband got a kick out of watching her bite me.

betta4me said:
I have one in my 55 gallon along with the tank mates noted in my signature. I've had her since she was a baby and she's a total ham, never really bothers the other fish. The first two years I had her she went through this weird spawning stage and was laying eggs on one of the lace rocks and wouldn't let anything near them. She was however more agressive towards me than the other fish. I would stick my arm in the tank for cleaning or egg removal and she would litterally attack me. My husband got a kick out of watching her bite me.

Thats very interesting

would they be ok with rainbow fish?

Mine were always pretty docile, they have very small mouths so you could put them with just about anything, rainbows would do just fine

I had one for like 2-3 days. When I ut it in my main tank and it would not stop chasing the other fish until I put it in a QT tank. I then returned it after the first couple of days.

Mine were always pretty docile, they have very small mouths so you could put them with just about anything, rainbows would do just fine

Back
Top Bottom