red pencilfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyjawn

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have any experience with these?

they are very pretty fish but pricey at $30 a pair. i'm wondering if it's worth it...

i'm looking for top dwellers and since i don't have a cover on my tank, hatchetfish are out. :)

the beckford pencilfish are nice but the red's are just so stunning.

$30 is a bit steep but it's a wonderful fish. Very hardy. Just don't keep them with fast movers like danios.

flyjawn said:
does anyone have any experience with these?

they are very pretty fish but pricey at $30 a pair. i'm wondering if it's worth it...

i'm looking for top dwellers and since i don't have a cover on my tank, hatchetfish are out. :)

the beckford pencilfish are nice but the red's are just so stunning.

My hatchetfish don't seem like jumpers... I have a cover but even during feeding I'm more worried about the tetras than the hatchets.

Nik

BrianNY said:
$30 is a bit steep but it's a wonderful fish. Very hardy. Just don't keep them with fast movers like danios.

yeah i've read that the only reason they're pricey right now is because they're a relatively new discovery and somewhat hard to breed in captivity.

to be honest i don't like the idea of owning anything wild caught so maybe i'll check the origins of the red's i saw at my LFS. that might make my decision easier.

Back
Top Bottom