Red powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtofish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i can't seem to figure out how long i should keep the T5 bulbs on the Fluval aquarium. Red powder keeps growing. The lights are very bright. Any recommendations?

What's your light schedule? Can you take a picture? How many watts? How many bulbs? What size is the tank and how many fish? What are you water test readings. Ammonia nitrite and nitrate?

Lights on from 4:30 to 9:30 daily. The 46gal tank has 4 fish (2 tetra 1 yellow cichlid 1 pink parrot). The tank is predrilled with canister filter. It came with 2 - T5 fluorescent tube lights that are 24 watts each. Ph is 7.6; ammonia is 0; nitrate lower than 5 but more than 0; nitrite 0. No plants and water tempisset to 79F

sounds like diatoms, which are pretty much a given in any new tank. Just keep the lights on when you want to see the fish if there aren't any plants in there.

mfdrookie516 said:
sounds like diatoms, which are pretty much a given in any new tank. Just keep the lights on when you want to see the fish if there aren't any plants in there.

I second that.

Thanks....so that's all, less lighting? Should i vaccum or something?

Back
Top Bottom