Red ramshorn snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do these snails crawl out of an open top fish tank? Because I plan on getting one dwarf puffer for my open top 5gal and was wondering if they would climb out? I am getting java moss and these snails are hitching a ride in the moss lol. I mainly want the snails so the dp can eat them. Also, these need to stay in water right? So that means they probably wouldn't climb out? Should I just keep them in a separate tub container or something? Maybe a very small tank?

Also, what do these guys eat? And how do I keep them from overpopulating?

In my short experience and research keeping dwarf puffers, you wont get over populated, especially if you put them in the puffs tank.

Even if the snails are too big for the puff to eat, he'll take bites out of them and kill them, youre best bet is to breed them in a second tank, and even then if youre feeding the snails to the puff I cant see you getting over populated unless you buy an huge amount of rams as breeding stock.

The snails will eat algae, algae wafers, vegetables etc, they're easy to care for

Back
Top Bottom