Red spot on gold barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could someone tell me what this is exactly and why it's happening? I lost one gold barb to this about 6 months ago and now it's happening to another one of my gold barb. It's actually getting better it was a lot worse before.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395772594.376080.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395772620.687997.jpg

I don't have an answer but i have gold barbs too and I've noticed similar spots. They always go away eventually so Im curious too

This is possible a case of the fish being damaged and bacteria entering the wound. The bacteria resposible belong to the genus Aeromonas and can cause serious lesions. However, with good water quality and good feeding, the fish's immune system can often fight it off.

Watch you fish for signs of aggression, which may account for the damage, or any sharp edges within the tank. Sometimes damage is caused accidentally during the frantic rush at feeding time or during spawning behaviour.

I was going to say spawning related injury.. Like pip said though.. Clean water, good food!

Ok thanks everyone. It's gone now thankfully. Hopefully it doesn't come back...

Back
Top Bottom