Red Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip0204

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a break out of Red spots on my fish however it seems to be isolated only to the mollies and platies. I tired treating one fish in a hospital tank with non iodide salt and he seemed to get happier before he died. Another molly has got a similar red spot this time and what ive read about it ... seems to me like a bacteria. PH levels Ammonia and nitrate levels are all healthy and the tiger barbs and pleco and bettas (female Male : Male and female get along and he isnt always in the community tank) have not gotten anything its just isolated to the mollies and platies. it is a rather big tank 60 gallons. Can you treat the red spot with a product called Wardley Essentials it has in it : Ichthyophirius, Trichondina, Apiosoma, Ambiphrya, Gyrodactylus, Dactylogyrus, and Saprolengina. the bottles says intended uses for Fungus and External Parisites. Let me know if there is something else I can use.

Don't treat with anything until you are reasonably sure of what disease you are dealing with.....Are the red spots just "spots"?...Do they appear to be lesions (holes or bloody sores)....Compare what you see in some of the fish disease charts on the Internet...There may be a fish disease article and chart somewhere on this forum....
A picture would be good.

Jungle Fungus Clear Tank Buddies

Shop All Products By Jungle

Fungus Clear treats a variety of fungus and bacteria-related conditions on tropical fish and goldfish including fungus; tail, fin, or mouth rot; hemorrhagic septicemia; clamped fins; and dropsy. Also clears furunculosis; eye cloud; pop eye; and swim bladder disease.

I was thinking of purchasing this

Furunculosis is a bacterial infection...If you insist on treating it with a med you need to used a good antibiotic like Maracyn (erethromycin)..........I have no experience with Jungle Fungus Clear....I like the Maracyn because it seems not to affect the bio-system as bad as other antibiotics.

I havent bought any medication as of right now besides having the previous Wrdleys Essentials Medications. I do not really enjoy using meds in the tank. it's jsut the fish keep getting this weird red spot and its only the mollies and platys. I think I might put both fish species on the list of fish i can not raise along with mollies. I think the having salt in the system would benefit all three but i do not want to add salts with a pleco betta and tiger barbs.

Back
Top Bottom