Red tail catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a heater, don't know of it will keep it 75 during the winter though it's made to keep normal fish ponds surface thawed not sure about rest of water I might invest in a really big heater around fall

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should do more research on heating ponds, especially in your location. Most heaters will only keep the surface from freezing and some do not turn on until the temperature drops below 40 degrees F. At best the temps my be in the upper 30s or low 40s in the winter and that is with a several hundred watt heater.

I have a heater, don't know of it will keep it 75 during the winter though it's made to keep normal fish ponds surface thawed not sure about rest of water I might invest in a really big heater around fall

That's not a heater but a de-icer. They turn on @32-34f and are solely intended to keep a small area around it from freezing over. Heating something this size through a northern winter will be a very costly enterprise to undertake. I would start researching now so you are prepared when temps start to drop in two months or so.

You'll need somewhere to put him inside during the winter.

That's what I was thinking it maybe ok in the summer but winter months maybe an issue

Yeah expessially if it gets too big for a 125 gallon

I'm sure he will work it out as him has his buddy next door have one each don't forget

Back
Top Bottom