red tail shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelseachuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just got one today and he is already beautifully colored dark black and red tail.. i have another one and he's a lot duller in color and smaller too if that matters.

its a 10 gallon. cant seem to get a good pic with my cell =/

I hate to break it to you, but if I don't someone else will... :-/ 10g is really not a proper size for a red-tail shark... they need 55g, and that's a minimum...

If I were you, and you don't have to take this advice, but I would return it to the pet store or give it (or sell it) to someone with a bigger tank.

Your shark will thank you...

yea but you could get a dwrf puffer or betta if you wont something kind of aggressive for a 10.

but really the sharks will kill eachother plus will die a stunted life

they are a brackish fish meaning they need some salt to live and here's a link

Green Spotted Puffer Fish
img_1320000_0_33e6a771b59d7b62328d964f5479e961.png

allaboutfish said:
really most sites recomend them in a 10 some even say 5

Dwarf puffers maybe, but not GSP they get up to 6 inches as adults. I'm cycling a tank for a pair and have done a lot of research on them. Like goldies, the recommendation is 20 for the first (15 minimum) and 10 for each additional. I'm doing a 29g which is tight for the pair, but I have a Fluval 305 canister and it's rated for 75g so they should be OK. If not I'll upgrade them to a 37 tall in a couple years.

EDIT: They're also brackish water ONLY and don't let anyone tell you different if you care about the fish you keep.

Dwarf puffers maybe, but not GSP they get up to 6 inches as adults. I'm cycling a tank for a pair and have done a lot of research on them. Like goldies, the recommendation is 20 for the first (15 minimum) and 10 for each additional. I'm doing a 29g which is tight for the pair, but I have a Fluval 305 canister and it's rated for 75g so they should be OK. If not I'll upgrade them to a 37 tall in a couple years.
what is gsp? newbie here lolol

Back
Top Bottom