Red tail shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
My shark is kicking the crap out of my severum what do I do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

55 whole bunch of live plants a giant ship he hides under. Ni matter where my severum goes he kicks his ***

55 whole bunch of live plants a giant ship he hides under. Ni matter where my severum goes he kicks his ***

Are those the only fish? That's strange red tail sharks are usually not very aggressive to other fish.

There's 2 angle fish but they don't bother anyone

I mean my retail shark is about the size of a double a battery and the angles no not a chance and not gold severum is small

I have a ruby shark (i think the red tails are slightly more aggressive) and when i got him he used to chase everyone in my tank! However he is about 9 months old now and keeps himself to himself just stays in his little territory which has loads of plants and a bit of driftwood.
Maybe rearrange your tank slightly and make some hiding spots in a corner for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I honestly just rearranged my tank and he got worst

Red Tails can be unpredictable... Some are ok in communities, others just will not tolerate intruders. It sounds like you got one of the more ornery ones. It's possible he will settle down once he gets through puberty. My Red Tail pestered everyone in the tank for a couple months once it hit puberty, but these days it just hangs out under it's tree trunk most of the day.

Adding extra hidey holes may help. My shark couldn't seem to decide between which of three decorations it wanted to claim as its own during it's "teenager" stage, but after a few tank rescapes and some time to mature, it finally settled on the tree trunk. Having extra places for it to pick also gives the Severum a place to hide in when the shark is being moody.

When all's said and done, you still may want to consider rehoming the shark if you're worried that the Severum won't make it.

Back
Top Bottom