Red tailed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Red tailed shark and 5 tiger barbs together - will it work. 32 gallon tank.planning to upgrade to a 65 gallon next summer-maybe.I plan to get 3 more TBs and 4 bloodfins.Is this OK???PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mix of the TBs and the red tailed shark seems reasonable to me as long as you only have one red tailed shark. You could probably do more than one when you upgrade. I haven't ever mixed bloodfin tetras with tiger barbs, but it sounds like you'll have enough tiger barbs to keep themselves busy and not busy bothering and nipping the other fish.

Can I put 1 ruby shark with 1 red tail shark in a 65 gallon????????????????????????????PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!with other fish:7 TBs,4bloodfins and possibly 4cories

Just based on the one shark I adopted (ruby or rainbow, either name is correct), I wouldn't mix them with other fish without having some obvious hiding places ready so that they can hang out without being territorial and aggressive. Mine started nipping at my cories after I added a few more to the tank; he might have felt crowded.

Actually I plan to get a 75 gallon with lots of real plants an hiding places.Here are the fish I would like to have:1 RTS,1 Ruby shark,7 Tiger barbs,and angels.If not then a tetra or something.IS THIS GOOD???!!!could I also get a ram cichlid or something???

Back
Top Bottom