Red tailed shark!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh they are fine. I see. Everyone else with more experience is wrong and you are right. Not sure why are you are asking questions then since you clearly already know it all.

Amen, Erin! This is ridiculous, why are you complaining about having issues with behavior and then turning around and saying they are fine? An 18 gallon aquarium CANNOT safely support those fish. They cannot be happy, that many fish needs an aquarium of at least 29g, and that is without the RTS.

If I start to have problems I will worrie
Isn't it better to prevent problems rather then just wait around for them? Besides, you already have problems. You put up a thread about your rts having aggression issues.
The problem with fish is that they can't tell you they hurt. But, that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.
You clearly do not believe us, so why don't you try researching the fish and the growth stunting process from other sources not based on personal experience? Read profiles from other sites about the fish you have. For that matter, use the search function on this site to see other threads about your species or about growth stunting or tank size or any of those things.

Why the heck do you ask a question yet not accept the answer??

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris1987notts said:
I have a 60 uk litre community tank. (18 US gallons) With 2 platy, 4 guppy. (1 male. 3 female) 2 ram cichlids, to dwarf bumble bee goby's, 2 RTS, 1 male betta, 1 female better, 1 clown loach, 1 pleco, 1 glass catfish. And 4 shrimp and two clams. But they work well together.
and have done for over 2 months??

Maybe instead of us continuing to tell you what your doing wrong we can help you correct it. Most LFS (local fish store) will take trade ins on fish. You could trade the larger fish like the rts's, loach and pleco for fish food or plants. You can also get good second hand tanks on craigs list and eBay. That way you could get a larger tank and keep one rts and increase your glass cat school. It wouldn't take much to get your bettas a 5g each. They would be more than happy with that. You could even get a 10g and a divider.

"when i start to have problems ill worry"
NO. an 18 gallon tank is absolutly no room for a red tail shark or a pleco or a clown loach much less all 3 of them combined!! When all of your fish dye you will be like "what happened" and we all know why

I'm honestly surprised the glass catfish is still alive, but I'm also surprised with a lot of things on this thread. I'll be watching, but I think I'll be staying out of this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom