Red tailed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrinn23

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody have any ideas on what kind of fish would be good to put in an aquarium with red tailed sharks?

I believe platys and mollies can. Also, I think that fish around the same size as the shark can be kept with them. The sharks can become aggressive so you want no little fish in the tank.

-bud

Thanks! Yeah I thought about doing mollies so your advice reassured me

Anybody have any ideas on what kind of fish would be good to put in an aquarium with red tailed sharks?

Any fish that doesn't resemble it ... And is tough enough to put up with an RTS. They become territorially agressive as they mature and IMO ... If it's not at least a 75gal with plenty of DW, plants and rocks to set up territories, then it could terrorize any fish in the tank.

Any fish that doesn't resemble it ... And is tough enough to put up with an RTS. They become territorially agressive as they mature and IMO ... If it's not at least a 75gal with plenty of DW, plants and rocks to set up territories, then it could terrorize any fish in the tank.

They do enjoy ruling over other fish. Make sure you have lots of hiding spaces in the tank.

-bud

Yes I've already noticed that they are very territorial and I have plenty of room for them to swim and hide so I think I'm going to go ahead with the tiger barb

Back
Top Bottom