Red tailed shark in a 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A single breeding pair of apistos, rams, or any other dwarf cichlid species are fine in a 29 gallon. Some apistos are hardier than GBRs, but not always. Bolivian rams are the only ones that universally tend to be less sensitive. The vast majority of of them are usually fairly community friendly, though some tend to get more irritable than others when breeding.

A single breeding pair of apistos, rams, or any other dwarf cichlid species are fine in a 29 gallon. Some apistos are hardier than GBRs, but not always. Bolivian rams are the only ones that universally tend to be less sensitive. The vast majority of of them are usually fairly community friendly, though some tend to get more irritable than others when breeding.

Ok thanks:)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apistogramma cacatuoides and borellii are considered two of most hardy apistos. I have a pair of borellii in my 29g and they are extremely peaceful.

Apistogramma cacatuoides and borellii are considered two of most hardy apistos. I have a pair of borellii in my 29g and they are extremely peaceful.

Do you have any pics? I was mostly leaning toward blue rams bc my LFS carries them and as far as I know has a good rep for having pretty hardy rams and I've always wanted some but I will look next time and we if they carry apistos or Bolivians and compare looks and price.

No pics but they look pretty much like the ones on google. I have GBR too and love them so you can't really go wrong with either. Just remember to keep nitrates down.

No pics but they look pretty much like the ones on google. I have GBR too and love them so you can't really go wrong with either. Just remember to keep nitrates down.

I'll remember that ;) I plan on adding most of my other stock and making sure its stable

Back
Top Bottom