Red-tailed sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a black shark :twisted: and 8 rainbow sharks (which are closly related to the red-tailed) and they are def. algae eaters, mine will pick at the algae tabs I drop in as a treat now and then. yes they are very aggresive towards each other (more so then rainbows). They are very wonderful fish it's a shame you lost two of them. They really add personality to a tank. My rainbows have a tendancy to school instead of fight (untill it's chow time anyway). My largest rainbow will eat before the others (he makes sure of it). Your lone red-tail should do fine now that it's alone. They are primaraly plant eaters but will really eat anything! My rainbows eat mostly flake food but I give them algae tabs and shrimp pellets for treats. When healthy they are so very vibrantly colored. I hope your red-tail brings you lots of joy! :twisted: oh and by the way the black shark can grow up to 24" long... BLACK SHARKS RULE :!:

Back
Top Bottom