Red tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm thinking of a 2.5 tank with a red theme. I was thinking of cherry shrimp red Amazon swords and red ludwigia. Any other suggestions on plants or small fish will be appreciated

Keep calm and drum on

Scarlet badis? Males can be quite nicely colored

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd prefer to move away from bettas as I have 3 bettas already. I have considered a badis before but they're rare where I live. Any good sights to order from?

Keep calm and drum on

Male gardeneri killifish.

What area do you live in? That would help some of us suggest places that ship things from your side of the country.

They stay small.2 or 3 inches. Keep in mind they are non annuals so they live maybe 18 months or 2 years. I'll let you know if I see any for sale or you could check on Aquabid. There is a seller called Mizjinxt or something like that. She may have the scarlet badis.

Gardneri will eat shrimp. Like most killies they can be jumpers.

Badis are nice. I've kept them with shrimp. Mine didn't bother adults but I'm sure they ate fry. Can be difficult to get them to accept anything but live foods. As of last week Rachel had them in stock (link); WetSpot has both badis and a variety of killies including gardneri (link).

Male cherry barbs
Would you do cherry barbs in a 2.5g? I was thinking about something like a small group of ember tetras or chili rasboras. I really like the red of my pygmy spotted rasboras:

img_3279076_0_920667fdb0a25261b534d4b278e0f7d8.jpg

Would you do cherry barbs in a 2.5g? I was thinking about something like a small group of ember tetras or chili rasboras. I really like the red of my pygmy spotted rasboras:

img_3279085_0_920667fdb0a25261b534d4b278e0f7d8.jpg

You caught me not paying attention lol, I did not see this was a 2.5...oops

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

img_3279323_0_920667fdb0a25261b534d4b278e0f7d8.jpg
What lighting are you going to use on red plants? How about the use of some ,pinks purples, or variegated with some whites and light greens, go great with all red theme ? Some background and contrast to bring out the red, just a thought would love to see it .

Clem

Maybe a Red Texas Cichlid?

Just because they grow longer than the tank doesn't mean they couldn't live in it.

And so what if everyone hates hybrids? Get over it...

That was a joke :)

But on a more serious/helpful note, those Pygmy Spotted Rasboras shown before look cool!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom