redid my 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbonem91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I dont have any "before" pics, but here is a single shot of the day I changed it all around - it looks much much better now after things have settled in and the plants have sprung back to life - I'll update this with another pic here soon.

how do you like the way I put the tall plants in the back center, behind the wooden "ridge", crypts on the sides with gnarly wood, and arranged the driftwood to bring the focus to the center. I am adding some more different ground cover and hope to have a nice forest in there soon.

new_full.jpg

new_left_side.jpg

new_center.jpg

new_right_side.jpg

link to the thread with many more pics

I think it is going to grow in very nicely. Those are some great pieces of wood. My eye kind of goes to the right looking at the tall piece of wood.

Very nice!
Your striata loach seems pretty big to me. Mine are about an inch long.. Do they seem to be slow growers?

RoK said:
Very nice!
Your striata loach seems pretty big to me. Mine are about an inch long.. Do they seem to be slow growers?

yeah - pretty slow and it seems they max out around 2 1/2 inches or so - thats about where he is.

on a side note, there used to be 3... and before my guppys, I have a school of black neons. I once temporarily housed a very badly beatup convict in my community tank over night... he couldnt even swim but was breathing... the next morning all of my tetras and 2 of my loaches we gone :( but the convict fins were still shredded badly so I guess he just took advantage of sleeping fishies. I promptly moved him into a 5g tank to heal (he died several weeks later) then bought the guppys to replace my tetras.

Back
Top Bottom