refugeum water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

user404

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 38 Gal drilled with a 10 gallon freshwater filtration/refugeum tank..
I notice every day it seems like my final refugeum tank the plant area where the water sucks out to pump back into the main tank seems half an inch low..this just started recently but there are NO leaks no water wasting anywhere I have two HOB powerfilters "Waterfall" type on this tank and two 3/4 inch overflows at the top Silicone around the bulkheads and a good fit at that
Is it possible that I am Evaporating this water? probably half gallon per day? the tank is heated and there is a 5000 BTU AC in the room but my heated 55 in there with is dosent seem to change much..Maybe its just the visiblity of the water level in the refugeum? I just find it odd to loose so much water to evaporation, or do I just have some thirsty plants and fish?

Evaporation. Thats all. If it is not covered that will cause it. The waterfall type hob can cause it. The water moving from one tank to another can cause it. A fan with an open top tank can cause it. You should feel lucky you are a half inch lower. With the heat here in texas, Sometimes I add as much as a gallon to my 29g biocube a day. So dont worry. You already reassured yourself its not leaking.

I didnt know my tinfoils do act a bit dopey sometimes running into the tank and the filters..I thought maybe they had a drinking problem I should look into.
It just seemed like a lot of water to be inside the house, but its been so humid I guess its just soaking up..It does get hot in this room quick with no AC on..My overclocked heat inferno compter is in here my 55Gal set to 80 is in here and my 38 set to 80 is in here..I guess that AC may be condensating in it as humitity Its probably just more noticeable in that last chamber of the refugeum..normally holds about 1.5 gal under normal operation
just seemed excessive..but if you loose an entire gallon in a 29 I guess thats not too bad..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom