Remembering lost fish and gaining new on my b-day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubyfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK today is my 16 b-day and i was remembering fish i had lost in the last couple of months due to illnesses i couldnt cure.(the weird thing is they were all in different tanks but got sick all at once almost)
my big black bubble eye goldfish- fin rot
my albino oscar-not shure but think it was hole in head disease
3 bettas-1 female had fin rot-1 female had dropsy i think-1 male not shure just died on me

so i was thinkin bout them because me and my mom went shopping yesterday for my b-day and i wanted to replace my bettas. I ended up with a pretty fiesty male crown tail and a female(being from walmart i was surprised that they looked way helthier than earl may's but thats a different story). But I had been wanting angel fish too so today i went to earl may to see if they had angel fish.Guess what.... i ended up with 2 more bettas instead lol. Another male crowntail and a male vieltail that looks like he may have crowntail in him. So total i have 4 new bettas plus the 1 i still have at home makin 5.

Thanks for listenin or lookin lol

P.S. I need help with names for 3 of the new bettas. one female and 2 male. Just cant think of any for them. Ill try to get pics tomarrow to help. Thanks :)

Here are the ones i got from walmart and the one i already had, the first is the new nameless female, the second and third is my new male Patriot(Riot for short),the forth is my boy Blizzard.

Attachments

• new fish 023.jpg
    new fish 023.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 67
  • new fish 029.jpg
    new fish 029.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 55
  • new fish 035.jpg
    new fish 035.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 60
  • new fish 046.jpg
    new fish 046.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 50
Here are the ones i got from earl may's yesterday, the first is the nameless veiltail, the second is the nameless crowntail and he is actually a pinkish pearl color rather than the goldish color it shows.

Attachments

• new fish 050.jpg
    new fish 050.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
  • new fish 051.jpg
    new fish 051.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 71
Thanks I have one gal tanks for three of them and a betta condo that i put in my 55 gal for the other 2. lols Riot has been just flarin away at his own reflection in his tank :p

still need names for the female and the purple vieltail male.
i named the pinkish peal colored crowntail Ceasar(thanks partypalooza) but i dont think the other names fit the others. so any other suggestions?

I think you should stick with the mythical names.
Apollo - Beautiful god of the light, medicine and music. Apollo represents order, harmony, and civilization
Ares - God of war. He had an affair with Aphrodite, and was father to many children.
Hermes - The messenger of the gods, god of business. He was a very smart child, inventing the lyre by using a tortoise's shell when he was only a newborn baby
Poseidon - God of the sea and earthquakes. As god of the seas Poseidon held great power, and could calm the waves or create terrible storms. He had an unreliable temper, and used his powers to generate fear and punishment on people as revenge.
Zeus - King of the Gods, god of the sky, symbolized by the thunderbolt. As the ruler of the Olympian gods, Zeus held enormous power and almost absolute authority. His role was primarily to watch over the activities of the other gods, and make sure they weren't exceeding their powers.

thanks it was fun i got my drivers license now too so now i can drive myself to the fish store!! lol if she lets me go by myself to a different town(the town i live in is small so no fish or pet stores)

Bella and Edward, Stephen and Elana( the vampire diaries), Emmet and Rosalie, Jasper and Alice
I dunno but vampires are like so hot right now so give your fish up to date names
they will thank you for it
no one wants an old name like.. any old name but wait vampires are old and the name 'edward' was so last century

lol all my friends got to go see New Moon last night but i couldnt cuz i had to go with my parents to their friends house so my dad and bros could go hunting. I heard it was realy good. But no i think ill stick with the classic names ;)

isnt new moon only coming out today? I guess different countries have different premier dates.

Back
Top Bottom