removing green spot algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have a easy way to remove this from an acrlyic tank. I've been waiting to see if it would go away on its own but hasn't. I know u can scrub it but I don't want to scratch my tank.

Just make sure any sponge you use is just a normal sponge. A lot of sponges you buy in the store have fungicide on them...

Most LFS carry an acrylic safe pad on a stick made for scrubbing. Just be careful not to grab a piece of subsrate while cleaning close to the bottum. I generally don't cleean the bottum half inch to avoid picking up pieces of substrate and leading to sratches. Be prepared to use a lot of elbow grease.

My favorite tool for this is an expired or canceled credit card. Also sometimes I get "dummy" credit cards in the mail as a promotion to get me to open an account. They are firm and have a sharp edge if held obliquely, so it is almost as good as using a razor blade but you don't have to be as careful.

Back
Top Bottom