Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
That's not really a concern IMO. All my tanks are open topped. There are few fish that actually jumped if you stock appropriately. Obviously, any fish can jump, but I've never had issues.
Yeah, I assumed it's just a matter of stocking. It's just not something I've really ever given much thought to, and I'm just trying to cover everything.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundar
Have you/are you going to sand down the edges mogurako?

The other answer I was trying to get from this was lids. The plan is to leave it completely open and stock accordingly, is this unwise as a permanent state of the tank?
The edges of the glass for the brace? There's a glass shop up the street that I will have it cut at and the edges finished.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I read the topic from the plantedtank.com. You'd probably ok, seeing how nalu did it. Of course, he never did move it into his house, he wanted those braces first.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Id have thought doing that or messing around with any if your actual tanks design would void any warranty issued on it. Maybe check up on that if you decide to go ahead.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol, all of my tanks are so old....i forgot there were warranties on them!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogurako View Post
The edges of the glass for the brace? There's a glass shop up the street that I will have it cut at and the edges finished.
No I meant the edges of the tank. I'm going to be sanding some slightly smoother edges on mine. I did go ahead with it. (Check the 75g link in my sig. for pics) I feel very confident it is still structurally sound. The only thing I'm going to do is put put a small bead of silicone from the top to the bottom in each corner for good measure. Right now they are just a flush right angle. In case it isn't clear, I don't encourage this for most 75g tanks. Even the one from theplantedtank thread I wouldn't do without full euro bracing. This is an older tank (lol, warranty long gone) w/ 3/8 inch this glass and a strong center brace. Plus, I like to live dangerously....

Tags
plastic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com