Repashy - how much to make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barliman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

So, I have a bottle of Repashy food and want to make some to give it a try. But I don't know how much to make. If you use it, how much do you make at a time and how long does it last?

I use it some. I think the basic recipe is 3-1 repashy to water. I generally add some fd bloodworms to it and a little bit of garlic. That feeds in about a week. I give it to my rainbow cichlids. They love it

What flavor(s) do you have? I got some "Meat Pie" repashy a while back and instead of using the cooktop, I heated up some with water in the microwave. P-U!!! Smelled like a sardine party. I want to prep some properly again, preferably when no one is home. I hear great things about this product.

I have community plus. I heat the water in microwave. I add the mix, bloodworms and garlic to a very small Tupperware container. When the water is boiling I add the repashy to container, add water, mix and seal. This stuff has an alfalfa smell, takes me back to the hay field. My wife, not so much. I mix it when she is out

Good plan on leaving the windows open. I don't think it matters how you heat the water, it's gonna smell bad. That said: my fish (mostly the cats) really like it, so it's worth it.
I make small batches and only use 3-4 tablespoons of Repashy at a time. After it sets and cools down I take around 1/2 to 2/3s of it and freeze it for longevity. It a once-a-week treat.

Back
Top Bottom