Repashy Superfood...anyone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I had some Screwcumbers laying around that I used to weigh down the Repashy. I dropped in 2 pieces at different spots and that seemed to work. The fish really like the food, but I put them too close because my alpha zebra is chasing some of the fish off, or at least trying to. The food brought a pleco out to eat, as well as my 2 S.Petricolas who I haven't seen in weeks. I'm going to say that the food is going over quite well on day two, and that I still need to refine my delivery method for my tank. If you have strong currents on your tank, get a screwcumber off of Ebay and that will help keep it in one place for a while. I'm even watching my Malawi Eye Biters come down to check the food out.

for everyone who tried out this food, does the food need to be consumed pretty quickly? from what i read, if not eaten the blocks will melt float everywhere in your tank. anyone did an experiment on how long it takes for a block to melt away or know from experience?

for everyone who tried out this food, does the food need to be consumed pretty quickly? from what i read, if not eaten the blocks will melt float everywhere in your tank. anyone did an experiment on how long it takes for a block to melt away or know from experience?

I have some uneaten food in the tank right now. It's slowly dissolving, but it's not making much of a mess. It's been in there about 5 hours so far, I think the estimate is 10 before it completely dissolves. I'll post what happens later on tonight. From what I can see now, it doesn't seem to foul the water any more than any other overfeeding.

I have some uneaten food in the tank right now. It's slowly dissolving, but it's not making much of a mess. It's been in there about 5 hours so far, I think the estimate is 10 before it completely dissolves. I'll post what happens later on tonight. From what I can see now, it doesn't seem to foul the water any more than any other overfeeding.
I agree. Imo, rate of dissolving depends on a few other factors too.

-Ratio of the mix. If you add slightly less powder than the recommend mix, it will dissolve quicker. I used less powder for my fry, who were in a plastic trap. If you plan on hanging it in the tank, I would recommend using slightly more powder than the 1:3 ratio. When I say 'slighty', I mean about a teaspoon +/-
-Temp in the tank.
- Current/flow in the tank.

I have not conducted 'scientific' experiments on these factors but I have noticed it when I mix it a few different ways....

No video, but I am trying some new delivery methods. Here are some pics. Day 3 and they respond to it much better. I fed them a nori strip this morning so they haven't had any pellets or flake in a couple of days. Once of my plecos is all about the Repashy though, and has already parked himself on it to "graze". nom nom nom nom

Attachments

• 20130727_100122.jpg
    20130727_100122.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20130728_193546.jpg
    20130728_193546.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom