Repashy superfoods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not sure how many people have tried this yet but so far I'm very impressed with all the possiblities of this food. This is great for fry since they are able to graze on the food for up to 24hrs, fry grow much quicker when feeding throughtout the day as opposed to 1-2 times as my schedule permits. I don't think this be be a replacement food for my fish but with small fry and small community fish it's been great, for that task I'll still stick to New Life Spectrum exclusively. I also like the idea of being able to mix in medications such as metrozoindale and praziquental which is much easier than pre-soaking pellets or flakes, using Repashy will allow a full dose into food. So far my only gripe is the terrible smell when preparing the mix, my wife literally walked out of the bedroom and with a four letter superlative and asked what the blank is that smell?

So I'm curious to see if anyone else is using this and what their thoughts and methods are?

Repashy | Ted's Fishroom

Repashy Superfoods - Getting Started... - YouTube

Repashy SuperFoods for Aquariums - YouTube

Last edited:
I have not personally tried Repashy or Mazuri gel foods because I make my own gelfoods but they are HUGE in the goldfish community with rave reviews. Many goldie fanatics use these foods exclusively and swear by them, especially with fish with buoyancy issues. If your seeking people's opinions on these foods, I would do some browsing on the goldfish forums (Kokos Goldfish, The GAB, The Goldfishkeepers, etc) to hear what others have to say. :)

I have not personally tried Repashy or Mazuri gel foods because I make my own gelfoods :)

What do you use as a biding agent? I'd be interested in hearing a recipe, feel free to PM the info if you don't want to post.

Plain Knox gelatin. I some goldie people use agar agar instead because its a vegetable base (algae) rather than a protein base. My recipes vary but they are basically a protein source (canned salmon, tuna, mackeral, etc), veggies (spinach, peas, carrots , red & green peppers, broccoli, etc) and a few extras (garlic, paprika, probiotics, omega369, multivitamin). Some people add other things such as koi clay, etc. Heat the mix together, add bunch gelatin packs & throw it a blender or food processor. I put it in chinese food containers & let it set overnight, cube it & freeze it. I dont know if it smells as bad as the Repashy but my husband typically will ask whats for dinner when Im making this stuff so it cant be too bad! lol

U-Tube has some how to videos for making gelfood and heres some recipes from the GAB that alot of people use with breakdowns for content. :)
Gel Food Recipes

Back
Top Bottom